Be Visible Resources & Links
We have the following suggestions for raising awareness around injury prevention:
- Train in first aid/CPR. Studies show that people who have first aid training are injured less.
- Recognize children who "wear the gear"- properly fitted, sport-appropriate helmets, reflectors and safety gear- with positive tickets and coupons for drinks, treats or admission tickets to an activity centre. Positive ticketing has been shown to improve overall community safety
- Implement a no cell phone while driving policy. Driver distraction is a major cause of collisions
- Calculate the real costs associated with a workplace injury. You might be surprised!
- Do an ergonomic assessment of your work areas and make changes to reduce injuries
- Have a spirit day at your work place - "Be Visible" and wear your safety gear!
- Encourage all adults to "role model" wearing bike helmets
- Implement a "walking school bus" to transport children to and from school in a safe and healthy manner
- National Safe Communities Day falls during Fire Prevention Week each October. Develop or update your home fire safety plan.
Updated January 15, 2015